[ihc] Shops

Jim or Ginger Aos wrote:

John Stricker says that 60 X 60 is minimum size for your new shop. Radiant
floor heating and 18 inches of insulation too, please.
60x60 would be OK. I think I have a line on some cheap 40' trusses though (IIRC), but only enough to do 30x40.. which is still bigger than the 34x28 I'm finishing right now.

At 34 degrees above 0 in my shop with a heater on, I had to come in
yesterday because I was too cold to work.
It's warmer today.  Two degrees above zero with a wind chill of sixteen
below zero.  Some day I might build a nice, warm, dry, cool in summer place
to work,  if I have time.  Or I could continue to procrastinate, and it's
nice and warm in the house.
It's a balmy -21 outside right now - WITHOUT mentioning windchill.

I think I might wait and hang the 200k BTU Reznor suspended heater in my shop until tomorrow night, when it's supposed to be above 0F.

Really trying to get the heater hung and the flue installed before this coming weekend, when I hope to have a sheetrock party.

The attic will be insulated to R-50 sometime this summer. Walls were sprayed with Corbond to R-21 on our last warm day of Indian Summer..

Now to just get the drywall up and finish the wiring, paint, add shelves, and then start trucking all of my junk.. er.. rare and valuable IH parts and tools over from the shop at mom's house..