Re: [ihc] My Christmas Present

on 1/4/04 8:36 PM, william cunningham at slypigs@domain.elided wrote:

> I have yet to convert to gas, all of my work is done outside in the wind so
> flux-core is the way to go. Once I get both girls through college, and build
> a 30X40 shop where I can work out of the weather I will hook up the weldmix
> (gas).

John Stricker says that 60 X 60 is minimum size for your new shop. Radiant
floor heating and 18 inches of insulation too, please.

> I have some welding to do on the rear bumper of  the SS II but given its
> proximity to the gas tank I have avoided the chore, now with the temps
> running 20 to -10F I think that welding near the tank will be safer, less
> likely to blow up!
>
> Should I pre heat the metal when welding in temps this low?

I have no idea. Jim Aos can answer that question 'cause it gets cold up
where he is also.

At 34 degrees above 0 in my shop with a heater on, I had to come in
yesterday because I was too cold to work.

Sissy John