[ihc] Propylene Glycol

Colin and interested parties,

Amsoil has a quite lengthy fact sheet on their version of propylene glycol
anti-freeze. It indicates that the pg is safe in any application in which eg
is safe, and has other safety factors that eg doesn't have.

I'm not using the Amsoil version, instead I'm using propylene glycol with no
water in the mixture at all. Much more expensive than the mixed version, but
it never has to be changed or fortified. It has a boiling point of around
375 degrees which helps prevent vaporization when the coolant comes into
contact with hot spots in the block.

I'd be interested in trying to track down the IH warning that you mention.
Can you give some specifics as to where that is? Could you give me a quote
in case I don't have the reference?

Thanks a lot.

John

John Hofstetter