From: idaemes@domain.elided [mailto:idaemes@domain.elided]
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 8:20 PM
To: John Hofstetter
Cc: Mike & Sherry Bolton; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: Re: the last Scout.

Hoffs,

Mike, in typical Iowan fashion has understated his acquisition.  It is
beautiful!!! By no means show condition (yet), but beautiful nontheless.
What most of us would call a pretty good condition Scout.

 Mike had three IH minded guests yesterday and was a gracious host even
though a couple of us showed up later than scheduled and very close to
dinner time (that is noon in Iowa).  We oohed and aahed over it for a
while warmed by the heat a genuine IH space heater and then went into
the house for some great soup. Mike, thank the chef again for me.

IMHO there are no better hands for the last Scout to be in. Mike is a
true IH collector but no Q-tipper.  He even let me lean on it and spend
a little time behind the wheel.  He will undoubtedly be a good steward
to such an important piece of history.  I'm sure there will be a day
where leaning is no longer allowed.

Wait until Mike tells the story of this Scouts life, he has the distinct
advantage of being close enough to talk to many people who worked for
the previous owners and drove this Scout.  There are already some good
stories and I'm sure he will dig up some more.

Congrats Mike.

Ed