[ihc] Re: the last Scout.

on 1/4/04 6:19 PM, idaemes@domain.elided at idaemes@domain.elided wrote:

> Hoffs,
>
> Mike, in typical Iowan fashion has understated his acquisition.

Nice trait those Iowans have, we Californians are much more prone to
overstating. <g> However, we are not alone.

> It is beautiful!!! By no means show condition (yet), but beautiful nontheless.
What
> most of us would call a pretty good condition Scout.

I'm looking forward to hearing about its history after it left the
Director's barn. Fortunately for Mike, I guess it spent much of its life
there.

> Mike had three IH minded guests yesterday and was a gracious host even though
> a couple of us showed up later than scheduled and very close to dinner time
> (that is noon in Iowa).  We oohed and aahed over it for a while warmed by the
> heat a genuine IH space heater and then went into the house for some great
> soup. Mike, thank the chef again for me.

Was the soup IH also? Intentionally Hearty as would be appropriate back
there in the cold.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs