[ihc] Re: Propylene Glycol

on 1/12/04 12:23 AM, Colin Gebhart at colin@domain.elided wrote:

> "Anti-freeze formulated with methoxy propanol or propolene glycol is
> not recommended for use in IH engines due to a reaction with engine
> external seals, coolant hoses, and potential fire hazard due to lower
> flash points than ethylene glycol type anti-freezes."

This one more, and then I promise to quit picking on IH's service manual.

Flash point of PG is 99 - 103 C.

Ignition temperature of PG is 370 - 420 C.

Flash point of EG is 101 C.

I can't find ignition point of EG.

If I knew how to make degree symbols that would stay that way when I send
mail, I would. But I don't, so I won't, I guess.

This has all been very interesting to me, Colin, and I thank you for your
time and effort.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs