Re[2]: [ihc] Rusty water

Hi all,

So i'm guessing that everyone is aware in the Scout owners manual (or
was it in the service manual) it says not to use propylene glycol
anti-freeze because some engine seals are incompatible?

Lates, Colin.

JL> I have seen propylene glycol anti freeze (and ice cream additive -
JL> yummm yummy) at Wal Mart for under $10 a gallon, I think it was $7
JL> or so.

JL> - Jim in Mesa

JL> From:           	John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
JL> To:             	Grant Cunningham <kd7jnw@domain.elided>, <ihc@domain.elided>

>> In my big Dodge diesel, I use a propylene glycol anti-freeze that
>> never needs to be changed. It uses no water whatsoever, is totally
>> non-toxic (is contained in a lot of prepared foods), but is
>> horribly expensive. A leak that let it drain out would break my
>> heart and my pocketbook.

Later,
Colin
mailto:colin@domain.elided
Colin says...

Use a wickedly good email client  |  http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html
For those of strong constitution  |  http://www.debian.org/

Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. -Mark Twain