RE: [ihc] Attention Wire Heads : A "Signal" For Help!

Hi Howard, and John, and...

: If the rear turn signals both work, then the circuit and
: ground for the brake lights has to be there. I would guess

Exactly so.  My thoughts, so far, perzackly!

: the problem probably is in the turn signal switch contacts,
: as the brake lights run through there, with the brake light
: circuit on one side being disconnected inside the switch when

Ugghh! This doesn't sound encouraging!  But as always, you speak truth,
Howard!

: the turn signal is turned on.  Or else, you're not getting
: 12V from the brake light switch going into the T/S switch.

Hmmm... I may have to play with the brown wire run on the right side. I'll
try jumping it, among other things. If I can't get it to work, I'll revert
to Plan B. Plan B: Sounds as if I'm going to have to lie in the inverted
position under the dash on floorboards for a bit! Oh joy! 'Tis the season,
and all that!

: The tail lamp problem would seem to be in the lead going to
: that lamp as it appears the ground is OK if the T/S works..

That's kinda why I was curious about the color code... I'll heed John's
advise and dredge up the FAQ schematic... Lessee heauh... Found it, along
other good schematics at:
http://www.binderbulletin.org/images/techlib/rearharn.gif  Thanks for
reminding me to RTFM & get my FAQs straight, John. I do manage to overlook
the obvious resources from time to time.

Well, lo & behold, I found the color codes on the schematic. Go figure!? %^}
.

Thanks Howard & John!  You've shed some light (pun intended!) on this. I'll
borrow a meter from someone at work for ease in troubleshooting. I think
armed with the schematic and meter, I can deal with it.

Cheers,

--Pete