[ihc] Weber carbs, steering, etc

OK, let's start a new thread (and pick up on some old ones):

I'm very interested in the Weber progressive 2 barrel carb.  Summit
racing, however, doesn't appear to have it, based on their online
catalog.  I'm going to call them (if I get out of work early one day...)
and see what the deal is.  Anybody know of any other sources?  (I'll
locate a Jeep board if necessary, but right now I don't have the time.
Besides, how can you trust the advice of anybody willingly driving
around in a Jeep?  Take this from a guy who, after 2+ years of fighting
with the dealership, FINALLY SEEMS to have got the A/C fixed in his
Cherokee.  But the heat doesn't work now.  It's A/C or nothing, even if
it's 50 degrees outside...But maybe I'm just bitter.  But I digress.)

Brakes - Since I had the brakes rebled, the fronts are not HOT, but are
only pretty warm when out on the route.  And th rears are only slightly
cooler.  Considering I make probably about 500 stops in like 12 miles,
slightly above average heat might be expected.

Parking brake - Still working on that, and I discovered that my current
parking brake cable was patched (i.e. clamped together) so I plan on
getting a custom made cable and my parking brake will then work.

Rear differential - I had the fluid in the rear end changed and made
sure a limited slip additive was added.  That seems to have fixed the
problem I was having with noise in the rear end.  We'll find out for
sure in the next month or 2.

Lastly, steering.  Without going into the P/S woes all over, I'm also
considering the possibility of tracking down a RHD Scout II manual
steering box and returning to a stock setup.  My question about that is
"How much harder is it to steer?"  My Scout is the easiest turning
vehicle I've driven in a long time.  The Cherokee, my parent's car, my
brother's car, my grandfather's car, my cousin's truck, etc. all have
stiffer steering than I do.  How much more physical effort on my part
would be expended doing this?

If I haven't thanked everybody individually for all the help (and
putting up with me) already, thanks everyone!

Dave