Re: [ihc] torque converter fluid in a 727

Seay Capt Matthew R wrote:

	I think I have one for the bonehead files.  Do you have to fill up
the torque converter with tranny fluid prior?  Or can you put in on dry and
it gets filled up through circulation of fluid through the tranny.
FWIW, I don't ever remember prefilling a torque converter.

I put everything together, dump a bunch of fluid into the fill-tube/tranny pan, and light a fire in the cylinders.

How is an "empty" converter any different than the draining-back converter/727 in my Travelall? You put it in Neutral, wait a moment, then go, once it's pumped enough fluid into things to make it go. ;) Throw it right into D, and it doesn't move for a moment while it pumps fluid about.