From: Tom Mandera [mailto:tsm1@domain.elided]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 4:34 PM
To: Seay Capt Matthew R
Cc: 'ihc-digest@domain.elided'
Subject: Re: [ihc] torque converter fluid in a 727

Seay Capt Matthew R wrote:

> 	I think I have one for the bonehead files.  Do you have to fill up
> the torque converter with tranny fluid prior?  Or can you put in on dry
and
> it gets filled up through circulation of fluid through the tranny.

FWIW, I don't ever remember prefilling a torque converter.

I put everything together, dump a bunch of fluid into the
fill-tube/tranny pan, and light a fire in the cylinders.

How is an "empty" converter any different than the draining-back
converter/727 in my Travelall?  You put it in Neutral, wait a moment,
then go, once it's pumped enough fluid into things to make it go. ;)
Throw it right into D, and it doesn't move for a moment while it pumps
fluid about.