RE: [ihc] RE:Pete's Last Word On Robertshaw and Other Random Thoughts

At 1:31 PM -0600 12/12/03, Binder wrote:
The vocabulary is just a small thing I do in a effort to *TRY* to garner
praise from my hero, John Hofstetter. I want to be just like him when I grow
old, err, I mean "up"! ;-) I figure a fair vocabulary just MIGHT mask my
wretched grammar & punctuation among the Binder Illuminati - and I'll slip
in under radar and deceive John into accepting me! %^} You know, after J.L.
left us, I thought, you know, just maybe there might be an available
position as one of John's minions. I'd fill the void in John's heart. Alas,
to no avail.  I'm afraid the Elder Sodium sees me for what I really am!
Well, Pete, I accept you for what you are, probably the best subject line writer on the digest, plus a prolific poster once you get started. Also, for what I think you are, a great dad and husband.

Now in regard to elevating you to the rank of JL, I can't let that happen as I already spend too much time thinking about what kind of present young Cameron Landry might like. The reason that I feel so obligated is that no one is more appreciative or cuter about his thank you letters.

Sidebar: I was looking to see  if there was a Robertshaw 'stat for 195
degrees or whether 190 was 'it'. A hasty Google search revealed this
reference, which includes a comparison / description from our own Steve
Stegmann: /ihc/archive/v6/msg12923.html -- so it
appears as if there IS a 195. Prob have to change it back in the Spring (the
weather gets HOT quick in the metro Tulsa area in the Spring/Summer)
I don't think there is a 195 RS, thermostat, but I'm not sure.

John
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs