Re: [ihc] Parking brake cable lubing

John,
  Those are available, even from J.C. Whitney.  Thing is, you really
need to take it off the back of the speedo before pumping grease
in from the tranny end.  The difference between getting the whole
length greased and flooding the back of the speedo isn't much!

Allan W.
Thanks Allan. Lubing it only from the front end, as I do, pretty much only greases the speedo end. Ryan's suggestion about using the cable to lube the sheath sounds better than it works, at least for me.

I didn't realize they made a greasing attachment. Do you have a good recommendation for the cable grease? I've used moly grease, lithium grease, lots of graphite, grease mixed with moly powder, moly powder only, and none of those have worked well, probably because I'm not getting the grease down around the bend.

John

--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs