Re: [ihc] towing

----- Original Message -----
From: <Archerzero@domain.elided>

Andy-

Without a doubt, the 3/4 ton suspension makes a difference. Adding leaves to
a stock travelall suspension will make the towing better. If there is any
flexing in your frame, yes, that matters as well. If you ever intend to tow
again, I stronly urge you to get the frame fixed. If you need a new frame, I
have one you can use.

A stabilizer hitch will flatten out the load in the tow vehicle somewhat,
and reduce the oscillations. Front shocks make a big difference, as do
"bigger" shocks, heavier duty. The more dampening, the better.  Tire
stiffness makes a big difference, and you can really feel a C rated vs a D
or E rated tire at max pressure. I made the mistake of towing a heavy
trailer on C rated 15x33x12.5 tires. Huge difference compared to the 10 ply
I had been using. In another travelall, one broken leaf on each side turned
a factory tow package into a roller coaster with only a 1500 lb load. The
more springs, the better.

> got a question to the group.
>
> Has anyone noticed any difference between a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton in
handling