Re: [ihc] 1200 vs. 1210 models

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan Ericson" <lowvolt@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; "Joseph Shaw, II"
<josephshaw@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>; <oldihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 17:48
Subject: Re: [ihc] 1200 vs. 1210 models

VIN
> plates started saying "Scout II" instead.
>
> The 71 1110 and the 71 1100B were pretty much the same model. No doubt
there
> were differences, but superficial ones, such as trim pieces, etc.
>
> The 73 1110 and 1210 4x4s had open knuckles. I've been told this was a
> mid-72 change, but have never been able to dispute or confirm via verified
> original equipment. The axles will swap with no modifications, so it's
hard
> to tell after 25-30 years what might have come from something else.

And to make matters more confusing... following no patter whatsoever I once
saw a truck for sale (considered buying it) which wore a fender badge that
said 1210D and was a 4x4 dually, and that sheet metal was all original (and
in wonderful shape too... if I'd been able to buy it I would have, basically
a rust free truck).

-Ryan