Re: [ihc] 1200 vs. 1210 models

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>

> That it's newer... that's the only difference I've ever seen.  Maybe the
> upped the GVWR slightly with the model change?  But the years with 1210s
> don't have 1200s...
>
> -Ryan

Almost right, but in 1971 pickups and travelalls kept the 1970 model
designations for a while, and there was a mid-year change. A 71 pickup or
travelall might be a 1200B or a 1210. I've owned both.

This coincided with the 800B and the 810 in that same year. When the "Scout
II" name proved more popular, the 810 model number was dropped, and the VIN
plates started saying "Scout II" instead.

The 71 1110 and the 71 1100B were pretty much the same model. No doubt there
were differences, but superficial ones, such as trim pieces, etc.

The 73 1110 and 1210 4x4s had open knuckles. I've been told this was a
mid-72 change, but have never been able to dispute or confirm via verified
original equipment. The axles will swap with no modifications, so it's hard
to tell after 25-30 years what might have come from something else.