Re: [ihc] WOW CJs and my NEW (to me) Trailer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mac @ TRIAD" <mac@domain.elided>

<snip>
> i have to agree.  there are some Jeeps that i do like.  my dad has an '88
> Cherokee Chief, and it's pretty nice.

---Didn't that have the crappy GM 6 cylinder in it? What was it, a 2.6?

<snip>
> a buddy has a '80 Grand Wagoneer Limited that i like a lot.

---I liked the wife's late `93 Cherokee Sport. The 4.0 and the
transmission/TC were pretty tough in that little station wagon. The one I
got for her had 6K on a new motor and trans, so we didn't expect to have
many problems with it anytime soon. Sure do miss that thing, especially now
since they have the lift kits which weren't availible when we owned it...
and the Ditchfinder the insurance settlement bough ended up to be the
biggest POS in our driveway.

<snip>
> ... i like the original Honcho series of trucks (i
> forget the years, but they weren't around very long),

---How about checking out Car Domain.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/offroadinrebel They were J10s and there is talk
about this kid selling the one that is shown. He is in SC. IIRC, he wanted
5K for it. It has a blown motor, threw a rod or has a few collapsed lifters,
not sure but it won't start now. Last I heard* it was rattling like 30 BBs
in a soup can and he was still revving the motor like it was race day and a
Formula 1. He has been turned down by so many people that he surely will
come down in price. Body looks real* clean. but it has the regular problems
with gauges and such.

---There is a guy here that is trying to sell, maybe he has already, a J3000
that has a Buick 350 in it. Last I checked, he had a `65 Scout for sale too,
he wanted $200 for the J3000. I could have swore he said it was a `67. It
was also a flatbed. Don't know if it came that way or not, I about choked
when he said he wanted $600 for the Scout that looked like it had been
ridden down the Ho Chi Minh Trail once too many times, so I didn't stick
around long enough to talk about the weather.

<snip>
> and i dig the early
> '70s J series fullsize trucks, most notably the J20.  i don't much care
for
> the smaller CJ/YJ/whatever models, however.  just too small for me.  our
> 800A is almost too small for me.

---You unknowingly said that already, when you said that you liked the
Honcho. The Honcho shown on tht site is a 1976 J-10 FSJ. Has coil overs
too... stock. I most certainly don't like the old CJs, seems like all that
have been lifted as high as my Scout tend to act like a rocking horse.
Sometimes I like to step into the throttle and I don't prefer to be feeling
like I am reclining in my seat doing so. Being pushed back in my seat from
the Gs would be a different story, but I doubt that will happen in a Jeep or
Scout unless someone finds a way to build a 700HP 304 (either make) or drops
a V-10 motor.

---Speaking of V-10s. Who was it that stated they had pics of a Challenger
with a V10 (488) dropped into it? I want* to see pics of this. It originally
came up when I stated I wanted to find some way to bolt a V10 to my T19 and
use 8 cylinders for power and 2 for on-board air :-D

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)