Re: [ihc] Intake Decarbonizing

---FWIW, when Sea Foam is used to decarbonize the intake, it is the only
time that I follow directions off the bottle. You need so much to choke the
motor regardless (unless you pour too fast), so the first thing I do is
choke the motor, then add about 2oz to the crankcase and the rest to the
fuel tank. If I did it by the directions, I would need about one can per
application to each of these areas.

---Make sure you allow it to sit for 5 minutes before you attempt to crank
the motor once it stalls, that you have the wind pushing toward the
windshield and that you are far from civilization. DO NOT try to do this in
the garage, even if you have half the body sitting outdoors. Not only will
it fill the garage with smoke, but your neighbors will never forgive you...
especially if they have their windows open. The NAPA parking lot here is
fairly large and off a 4-lane main street. I backed up with the wind and
clouded out 3 city blocks. The first time I used it, I had the wind to the
tailgate and the liftgate open. I could not have bailed out in time if I
were trained to do so and it took the better of three weeks to get the odor
out of the truck.

---I also used CD-2 gas treatment for oxidized fuels back then (and MMO),
that and the original application of Sea Foam kept my fuel system spotless.
FWIW, I only used 1/2oz of CD-2 per full tank of fuel... to keep the plugs
from fouling due to residue from additives. The MMO I used as a top cylinder
lubricant, what it was designed for.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)