Re: [ihc] Maybe the End to My Wartime Motor :(

I recall reading somewhere, think it was a fish carb or gas-cracking page about the difference in smell of modern gas and that it lacks the richness of old gas (then attributing those differences to the failure of said gas-saving technologies). This did bring up some old olfactory memories for me of thinking that gas smelt good in a way that I don't anymore.
So what do you think, was gas better, richer, sweeter, more sensual in the old days?

Thomas,

Gasoline is much more volatile than kerosene, so it won't take you more than one oil change to get rid of the gas. At least that is what I think.

You know, that is probably what is wrong with my memory. I used to wash parts in gasoline, wash my hands in gasoline, suck on a syphon hose till my mouth was full of gasoline. Wonder is that I'm even alive, much less still halfway coherent.

John
- -- John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs