[ihc] parts stores and testing alternators

I picked up a used delco 12SI 94 amp alternator for my Scout II.  I took it
to autozone to check it out before installation.  They told me it was bad.
Stopped by NAPA and they said it was ok so I took it to another autozone and
an advance auto and both said it was bad.  Took it to another NAPA and the
guy said it was good putting out 95 amps at 14.7 volts.  I installed it and
it has been working great for a week now.  Of course all of them needed an
application to test it so I told them it was for a 1985 Buick Riviera (got
that from Mad electronics web site) and all the ones that said it was bad
offered to sell me a new one.

By the way for anyone who remembers my bad torque wrench/broken rod/345 vs
304 episode.  My rebuilt 304 has been installed and running very well for a
couple of months now.  I actually like it better at high rpm / highway
cruising speeds but I really notice the difference at low rpm and when I
stomp on it (345 had a thermoquad)

Nick