Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:17:44 -0500
From: Rocky Lear <rockylear@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] 13" clutches ...I think it is possible

After a lot of time spent today comparing bellhousings and other tranny
parts and pieces...I think that I can put a 13" clutch in this truck I am
working on. The flywheel that was behind the 392 out of the t-all was
drilled for both 11 and 12 inch patterns but I have another 392 flywheel
off of a Loadstar that we parted out last year and it is drilled for a 13"
setup. Just one bolt pattern on it. The input shafts are the same on this
T34 and the direct 5th (unknown type) out of the big truck. I don't know if
there has been much talk of anything like this on here in the past and I am
still not 100% sure if it will work but given the known fact that IH used
the same engine and tranny components in the HD and light line, I think it
will work.

Rocky