RE: [ihc] 13" clutches ...I think it is possible

## >> And yes, the reason I suggested
## >> the 15W-40 diesel
## >> is that it's a lot cheaper than Mobil 1 to run for a couple
## >> thousand and
## >> drain. Pretty much a waste IMHO to dump $5 a quart oil after
## >> a short span
## >> like that when $1.25 a quart oil will do the job just as
## >> well. As for the
## >> diffs, yes, the Mobil 1 gear lube would be good in them, but that's a
## >> judgement call for you to make. I would make sure if you do
## >> the switch that
## >> your pinion seals are up to snuff, again that stuff is too
## >> pricey to use it
## >> to oil your driveway a couple of inches at a time.
## >> Dennis

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA <choke gasp wheeze>

ah well.  pricey as this stuff is, it doesn't seem to stop me from coating
the driveway here in it.  which is kind of silly.  neither the TravelAll nor
the Scout leaked when i left CA.  now that we're here...  both of them leak.
the front main seal on the Scout leaks, about half a quart a day or so.  the
TravelAll has a leak somewhere up front, but i haven't seen where yet (this
one has all kinds of junk everywhere, so i can't see where the leak is
coming from, but the puddle under it every day is pretty obvious).

the TravelAll's 727 has also developed a leak now.  awith synthetic tranny
oil in that one...  these oils get expensive in a hurry.  oh, and did i
mention the brake leak that i can't find?  synthetic brake fluid disappears
at the rate of the entire front reservoir once a week.  but no sign of leaks
at the wheel cylinders and i can't see where it's going.

at least the power steering doesn't leak.  yet.  i'm not knocking on wood,
either, 'cause if it's gonna leak, it's gonna leak.

--Mac

P.S.:  at this rate, i might as well open up the diffs and put Mobil-1 in
all four.  then those can start leaking and i'll have a compleat matched set
of leaks.  why not?

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi