Re: [ihc] Installed a Holley 2300!

---Great to hear there is another happy 2300 user. It is all I would have on
my IH motor. I have had a manual choke 2300 on there from the time I owned
it. It came with the mass-produced (`65-`68) 304 in my Scout II and has been
"kickin butt" since the first time I fired it up. Simple to adjust and less
internal parts than any other carb I have rebuilt. Keeping an accelerator
pump diaphragm, a power valve, a set of re-useable "non-stick" fuel
bowl/metering plate gaskets (from a 4bbl) and a spare needle and seat... and
any problems (other than breakage of parts) and the carb can be rebuilt in
less than a half hour and the truck back on the road. The reusable gaskets
are a great thing to have in the toolbox/glovebox./console. The only problem
I have had with my 2300 is water/debris contamination. The reusable gaskets
allow me to pull the fuel bowl and clean it of contaminants and then
reassemble it without any leaks.

---It has been brought to my attention by an Aussie IHer that the marine
application 2300 is doing wonders "down under". He says that they are pretty
much weather-tight and the problem with starvation/flooding due to extreme
angles is virtually nil. I might consider taking that route if I intend on
doing any severe crawling.

---FWIW, I am still running the center-hung float bowl on my 304. Not only
is it better for ascending and descending, but the fuel inlet is on the
passenger side, eliminating the need for the fuel line to cross over to the
other side of the engine bay lessening the chance of vapor lock in the
lines.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)