Re: [ihc] 13" clutches ...I think it is possible

---A pressure plate can be rebuilt with a wide selection of spring tension.
A couple of years ago, a Rockford style pressure plate, the same basic plate
that is behind my T19 was rebuilt for a bud's jeep CJ5. I forget which color
springs were on it (I'll say orange) and which color replaced them (I'll say
white), but out of the six orange springs, three were replaced, every other
one, with white springs with less tension. It made pushing in the clutch
pedal a lot easier for him. A return spring with less tension has also been
said to relive the "stiff-leg" on some operators with just the 11" clutch.

---I am happy with my 12" clutch, but I don't see why a 13" would hurt for
heavy hauling. Maybe if you went to a 13" diaphragm-type clutch you would
want a larger friction surface, but the Rockford style is pretty tough to
begin with. An old farmer used to tell me that "the clutches on them there
Scouts are either in or out, they rarely slip under load".

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)