RE: [ihc] RA15/RA20 What a can of worms:)

## >> In any case, I was under the impression that using "IIRC" implied a
## >> possibility of incorrectness....   I could've sworn though
## >> that it wasn't
## >> just Chevy that had the matching 5-10 lug combo... mac, are
## >> you aware of
## >> anything?  maybe in the military?

/RANT MODE ON

eyah, as a matter of fact, i am aware of *many* things, Ryan.  but i just
*know* that the second i say anything publicly, Greg is going to jump on me
and tell me i'm wrong again, even though i've SEEN the things, i see them
every day here.  sort of like that Traction Equalizer, telling me i'd never
seen it in an IH axle, and how i've wasted *his* time and bandwidth on
"faulty memory".  Greg, that wasn't an Eaton *OR* Rockwell axle, it was an
IH axle.  IH.  it had IH cast right into the casing, just like the current
axle under my B122.  maybe it was an RA25, MAYBE.  but it sure wasn't bigger
than that, and it was in with the *OTHER* light truck axles in that
boneyard, and wasn't any wider than the rest, some of which were also IH
axles.  i'm really tired of your insulting attitude and superiority complex,
Greg.  but i guess every family has at least one person like you, so it's
just something we'll all have to deal with.  just because *YOU* didn't see
it, you've decided *I* didn't see it either.  well buddy, my memory may not
be what it ought to be, but it isn't entirely faulty.  i saw the IH casting
marks, i saw the Traction Equalizer, i verified that it was a *LIGHT* axle
before i went to Sierra International and asked them what that differential
was.  you believe what you want, you will anyway no matter what *I* or
anybody else says, and it won't make any difference to me or to the truth.
i know what i saw, and you don't, despite what you think.

oh, and Greg, you would have *known* what i was talking about if you'd have
looked at the pictures.  but i guess that's just too demanding of your
precious time when you were too busy being insulting and demeaning to those
who disagree with you.  thank YOU so much for YOUR wasted time and
bandwidth.

/RANT MODE OFF

now about those wheels, Ryan.  most of the trucks here are ten lug, in at
least three different sizes.  from the littler RV-type tens to the big
foot-wide standard industrial tens, to the even BIGGER tens on the HEMTTs.
some of the deuces and five tons are still five lug, and those share the
same bolt pattern as the ten lugs, and a lot of them have ten lug wheels on
them (probably for lack of five lug wheels).  *MOST* of the five tons are
ten lug now, and we only have about half a dozen of the deuce and a halfs
left here on post.  at least that are being actively used.  i think all the
rest went to the national guard across the road, or got excessed.  we still
have a few five tons in the big Budd Six, but i don't know why, and they're
the least common of any.  you wouldn't believe the variety of wheels and
patterns they use around here.  some of the reload trailer tractors are in
big Budd six, but those are old tractors.  they're being replaced with
tractor variants of the five tons, which are all the standard industrial ten
lug.  the only thing the HEMTT tractors are used for is for hauling the
Patriot launching stations.

nearly all of the older trailers and a lot of the newer ones are five lug.
depending on what the trailer is used for, it will be either in the big Budd
five, or in a five that matches the five ton tens.  the water buffaloes are
the biggest five or the standard ten (it seems to vary between the two with
no rhyme or reason), as are the big generator trailers and the biggest cargo
trailers, but the Hawk missile system trailers are five on eight.  the light
cargo trailers for the HMMWVs are five on eight, too, even though the HMMWVs
are the same eight lug as my TravelAll.  the little generator trailers are
five on eight, but they're also duals, and i haven't figured that out.

i'm out.  time to get kids ready for school and prep the Soldier for another
day on the line.  it's a Great Day to be a Soldier in An Army Of One.  or
something.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde