Re: [ihc] D70's and RA15's Why?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd@domain.elided>
To: "Mac @ TRIAD" <mac@domain.elided>; <tsm1@domain.elided>; "Rocky Lear"
<rockylear@domain.elided>
Cc: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 00:31
Subject: RE: [ihc] D70's and RA15's Why?

> At 9:10 PM 11/3/03, Mac @ TRIAD wrote:
> >## >> My understanding (aside from Mac's finding of an IH LS for an
> >## >> RA-15) was
> >## >> that the Dana 70 was available in the 1310 primarily because
> >## >> IH did NOT
> >## >> have (or did not OFFER) an LS for the RA-15.
> >
> >i've only seen the one Traction Equalizer in an IH axle, and i don't
> >remember now if it was an RA15/RA20 or something bigger.  in hindsight,
it
> >might have been bigger.  i do have those images of what they look like,
> >though.  i'm not so sure it's really a limited slip so much as a "not as
> >positive locker" as the No-Spin.  it's got the solid carrier with no
spider
> >gears the way a No-Spin does, but then it's got all this other weird
stuff
> >inside the housing and tubes.  did you look at the pictures i posted the
> >URLs to?
>
> You are now describing a unit that was made by Rockwell or Eaton, or both.
> Kinda thought that's what your were talking about. VERY likely was on a
> bigger axle, cuz that's what they were made for. MANY thanks for wasting
> the time and bandwidth over a faulty memory !!
>
> Greg

Just like you originally told me that I was an idiot for "thinking" that IH
had offered a dana 70 rear?  Oh wait, now there's too much documentation for
you to deny that anymore. Just because don't agree with someone doesn't mean
you have to insult their intelligence.

In any case, just because Rockwell and/or Eaton made it for a larger axle
does not mean the IH varient only was availible for a larger axle... and we
havn't seen conclusive evidence that it didn't come in an RA15/20 yet...

-Ryan