RE: [ihc] RA15/RA20 What a can of worms:)

## >> Fabricating a caliper braket for a BENDIX type caliper would
## >> NOT be a good
## >> idea. They are malleable castings, and take some SERIOUS loading. Far
## >> better to find a bracket that goes with the caliper, and come
## >> up with a way
## >> to adapt it to the axle.

either way, i don't foresee a problem.  one of the guys back in CA is a
brakeman, i trust him to build it right for me.  this isn't something i'm
willing to take chances with, so i guarantee you it'll be done right the
first time.

## >> Five hole Budd wheels are getting rather scarce !! NONE of
## >> them in drop
## >> center that I've ever seen.

but that's the point.  i don't *want* a drop-centre wheel if i don't have to
have one.  i'll stick with my split rims till they cart me away to the big
monster truck pulls in Valhalla if i can.  not all the big Budd fives here
on post are split rims, i think the newer 20" ones are tubeless.  not
positive on that, i'll have to check next time i'm over at one of the
motorpools.

and Budd five lug may be scarce elsewhere, they're all over the place
*here*.  since *here* is where i am, and *here* is where i'm gonna be for a
number of years to come, i may as well make use of the locally available
resources.  unless of course i find what i'm looking for next time i'm back
in CA getting the truck ready to go back on the road.  we'll see what
happens.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde