RE: [ihc] RA15/RA20 What a can of worms:)

At 9:56 AM 11/3/03, Mac @ TRIAD wrote:
>doing the calipre bracket shouldn't be all that hard.  take a lot of work
>and trial-and-error, probably, but still within my reach.  i can probably
>get access to the neccessary tools here on post at the auto crafts shop, and
>a number of friends back in CA with the tools, material, and knowledge to do
>any work i can't do myself.  assuming i can find a rotor/bearing combination
>that will fit, and then some wheels that will fit over everything when it's
>done.

Fabricating a caliper braket for a BENDIX type caliper would NOT be a good
idea. They are malleable castings, and take some SERIOUS loading. Far
better to find a bracket that goes with the caliper, and come up with a way
to adapt it to the axle.

>going to the bigger Budd Six lug pattern sounds nice, though.  or maybe the
>big Budd five.  wheels for that pattern in 18" through 24" are all over this
>post.  most of them are on trailers, but they're here.

Five hole Budd wheels are getting rather scarce !! NONE of them in drop
center that I've ever seen.

Greg