Re: [ihc] 1T disc brakes and 15" rims

> At 10:28 PM 11/2/03, Rocky Lear wrote:
>>I have a D70 front. It has the 6 lug pattern. Since I will be converting
>>it over to an open knuckle, I assumed the lug pattern would be of little
>>consequence and buy back the spindles and rotors that I will need. I'd
>>sure like to retain these factory lockout hubs though but don't know if I
>>can because they may be too big to fit the parts being put back on (parts
>>that I will assume to be the same as a D60).
>>Does anyone know if a 15" aftermarket aluminum 8 lug wheel (about 3 5/8"
>>backspacing) will fit over the RA15 drums? Is there any way to convert
>>this axle to disc brakes?

If you're looking at probably "Dana 60" front disc brakes as part of your
conversion, you can forget about 15" aluminum wheels.

You can run 15" steel wheels if you like to grind on brake calipers and
brackets.  Aluminums won't fit.

You could also spend a lot of money on a kit to run "1/2T brakes" on the
Dana 60 front hardware and THEN you could run 15" wheels, but I don't
think those kits are available in 8 on 6.5 pattern, and you'd lose a lot
of braking ability.