Re: [ihc] San Diego Fire

1st off I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to anyone living out
there being threatened by the fire. I hope all our friends are out of harms
way.

2nd I would like to share with everyone what I saw.
Spent Friday and Sat Driving around and had a great time. Only saw one scout
A dark blue Traveler with a light blue top and Painted SS Grill.

Come Sunday morning watching the news about the fires I walk out side to
find ash all over the car the sky is as grey as can be. I can look right at
the sun, it's a very dim red ball in the sky. Everything smells like wood
burning and ash is still falling from the sky. I can see some blue sky way
off toward Mexico and toward the ocean but that is it. It's getting darker
and darker toward the fires.

It is completely unreal out there.
I was near the coast and the fire was a good amount east of us.

They shut down the Naval Air Field and evacuated it causing all flights to
be diverted and basically shut down the airport. (this is the main Radar
tower for the area) Somehow our flight was one of the only flights to leave
later on that day. Most where canceled, some where delayed but we got out
safe and only a few minutes late. From the air it was nothing but smoke.
Finally the smoke cleared and you could see the fires. It stretched all over
southern Ca. and covered it all with this gray cloud.

Here are some links for some of the photos I took from the air. They are
quite large so be warned.
http://www.binderbulletin.org/sdfire/dsc01040.jpg
http://www.binderbulletin.org/sdfire/dsc01043.jpg
http://www.binderbulletin.org/sdfire/dsc01045.jpg