[ihc] Re: Abandoned IH dealer

I know how that guy felt looking at that old IH dealership. Almost thirty
years ago, I heard about an abandoned Hudson dealer out in the country. I did
a bunch of wandering, but I finally found it. Much like the pics of the IH
dealer, except in this case the owner had apparently locked the doors in 1954
or 55 and walked away, leaving two brand new Hudsons sitting on the (small)
showroom floor, along with everything else that went with the dealership. I
have a better appreciation of that kind of thing now, and I may try to see if
I can find it again- this time with a camera. My guess is that in the
intervening time, somebody with large amounts of money has made an offer that
couldn't be refused to the heirs of the owner. Very cool though, kind of like
a 'time capsule' as it is.
Dennis