Re: [ihc] Tire & Wheel Questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Ferris" <binder@domain.elided>
To: "IHC Digest" <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 22:19
Subject: [ihc] Tire & Wheel Questions

<snip>
> On a related note: Is the bolt pattern on a '77 Scout II the same as
> anything else known to man?  I currently don't have a spare, and would
plan
> on keeping the "best of the worst" of the tires for a spare, and buy a
wheel
> that would at least get me home. What specs am I looking for in a wheel?
>
> All hints/tips & direct e-mail appreciated!
>
> --Pete

A lot of ford 1/2 tons are the same bolt pattern.  I don't know if they all
have the correct center hole, but at least some do.

Look for say late 60's until 90's ford half ton 4x4 rims (and maybe 2wd ones
too, just check the center hole in all cases).  The interchangeability will
end whenever they changed to metric.

Also... a lot of older jeeps have the correct rims.

-Ryan