[ihc] Tire & Wheel Questions

Greetings Reapers,

I just got a pair of "like new" (I bet they don't have maybe 5K on 'em)
Super Swamppers TSL's 33 x 15 x 12.5 from a manager at work.  He just bought
some new ones - well,  because HE CAN (afford to!).  He gave 2 to a friend's
kid, but the kid only wanted 2 -- for his J**P, for rock crawlin'.  I told
him I'd buy 'em back off the kid but he said the kid had already cut 'em up
prepping to crawl with 'em.  <Sigh!>  Still, 1 pair is better than nuttin'.
My existing rear ones are "a little thin" (read: "maypops", "bologna skins",
etc.  My current set of four are 15.5's not 12.5's, but I believe they'll
(12.5) fit the wheel ok.  Is that correct - being a 15" wheel?  The 12.5 or
15.5 refers to the "offset" doesn't it?

Sooo, the plan is to rotate the better front tires to the back, then have
the (slightly smaller) 12.5's mounted on the front.

This should get me out of my immediate tire crunch for the moment.  Anyone
see any problems with this - handling/steering/etc.?

On a related note: Is the bolt pattern on a '77 Scout II the same as
anything else known to man?  I currently don't have a spare, and would plan
on keeping the "best of the worst" of the tires for a spare, and buy a wheel
that would at least get me home. What specs am I looking for in a wheel?

All hints/tips & direct e-mail appreciated!

--Pete

P.S.: How did the Southwest Scouts meeting go?  I *regret* I couldn't make
it.

     .===============.
   ||( )| | | | | |( )||	Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |	'77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]	More 'stock' than 'not'!
http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\]	http://www.pferris.com/scout