Re: [ihc] Tire & Wheel Questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; "ihc-digest"
<ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 16:39
Subject: Re: [ihc] Tire & Wheel Questions

> >That width is not the width of the rim you want to use....   10.50 you
want
> >around a 7 or 8" wide rim...
> >
> >-Ryan
>
> In my circle, which by the way is pretty square, the 8 inch rim is
> the one recommended for 10.5 tires.
>
> Because  all my Scouts had the white 8 inch rims, I incorrectly
> stated one time that those were standard on all Scouts. It didn't
> take long for me to be straightened out by other digesters.
>
> John

My scout has the 8" black spoke rims....

I have an 8" white spoke rim for the spare which is probobly one of the
originals, as well as two more white spoke 8" rims in the shed back in
GA.... my dad gave away another complete set of the white spokes as well as
probobly my missing ones when he sold the terra years ago... I do have a
complete set of the terra's original 7" wheels which use the hubcaps (which
I also have the complete set of them... IIRC they look brand new since they
were removed in very short order once the terra left the dealership).

-Ryan