[ihc] More 69 Travelall queries

As I was obsessing about this T/A in Nashville, a couple of things have come
to mind:

A previous owner had converted the original 2bbl on the 345 to a 4bbl
Edelbrock.  There
is no current air cleaner.  This is on a 1000 series T/A;  I have been told
that I can get a
new air cleaner from, say, Summit Racing, so what have those of you who have
done this
switch done for installing a new air cleaner?  I've been told it's a tight
fit, but that there is
an air cleaner that can be fitted.  In Nevada, this is a must! ;-)

The current owner isn't sure what size gas tank is on it.  He's put in a new
sending unit but
it now only reads 3/4 when it's filled up.  As it goes down, it reads
correctly when it drops
below 3/4 (actually, I've got the same problem on my Scout currently).  Does
that mean there's
a gauge problem or is it an adjustment?  He seemed to think it had a small
gas tank, probably
19 gallon.  I'm worried, not being able to look under the rear end, that
there might be a problem
installing a 33 gallon tank since there's a hitch and I have no way of
knowing if it was an original
hitch or something someone's added on.

Is there a way of telling that the hitch on it is original and that a larger
tank can be installed?
For those of you who've done this, is it an unbolt-bolt up replacement?

Thanks,

Leo Horishny
Sun Valley, NV