Re: [ihc] Steering box input seal (Scout II)

---IMHO, it would be best to remove the gearbox for three reasons, easy
removal & installation of the seals and  you can see what condition the
frame and mounting holes are behind the gear box while it is off.  I say
yes, you have to remove it. Mainly because if you don't, you will be tapping
a seal into the housing at an awkward angle, with barely any room to move
the hammer (definitely not enough room for a seal installer and hammer) and
you will barely be able to hold your mouth right while in that awkward
position.

---If you figure that the only thing left to remove one you have the pitman
arm and the steering column is three bolts running through the frame, then
it doesn't seem like such a hassle to remove the gear box. Once removed, you
can also slip the Straight Steer behind the gear box and/or install new
bolts to mount the box.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)