[ihc] Re:flectors by IHC

I went to the Oregon Dunes with IHSTO and a couple members of NWB this
weekend.  On Saturday, while most of the club was out playing in the
sand, I went with a guy down toward Coquille to visit a wrecking yard I
know of to see if they had any IHCs.  (Found a KB dump truck and an
IH-pattern 727).  On the way back, we found a 1961 or so Scout 80 in
pretty good shape less the rear axle.  A little farther on in Coos Bay,
we stopped at an antique store/auction house, and poked around for about
2 hours.  The guy I was with got an antisway bar for his 1210 and a nice
red Coleman lantern with wooden carry case and several old Coleman parts
and pieces with the original packaging, and I got a brand-new Uno-Vac
stainless thermos, and a boxed set of IHC tripod reflectors with flags.
Set comes in a black steel box, roughly 3 1/2" wide by 3 1/2" tall and 8
3/4" long, with an IH logo embossed on the front.  The lid is hinged, and
has a latch that appears to pull out so a person can put a small padlock
on it.  Also on the front are the embossed words "REFLECTOR FLARE", and
then below that "Windproof Tripod", and then below that are words which I
cannot read but which start with the word "Approved".  The tripods are
gold chromated and have the IH logo stamped into the fold-out feet.  The
reflector lenses say "V.P. CO-12A", and also have "SAE-A-64" on them, so
I assume they were made in or after 1964.  The reflectors lay flat in the
box, and fold up from the feet when you deploy them, and are red,
two-sided, and two high.  The reflectors are shiny and unscratched, and
the tripod feet are bright plated and not rusty.  The banners are gone,
but the flag rods are still there and unrusted.  When we got back to
camp, everyone practically tripped over themselves to go over to look at
them.  Does anyone know where these came from, i.e. whether they were
standard equipment for certain vehicles, give-away promotional items,
dealer options, something a person bought at the IH dealership, whether
they were for trucks or tractors?  Anything you can tell me about them
would be appreciated.  (By the way, the reflector kit cost $10.)
-Colin Rush

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!