[ihc] Coating Traveler top?

Binders,
      The white paint is now only covering about 50% of the top to my
Traveler, and the black fiberglass underneath is
really paying the price beneath the AZ sun.  So, I was thinking of cleaning
and sanding/prepping the top and then coating it with white
elastomeric roof coating (Kool-Kote) to limit the thermal and aural effects
of the fiberglass top.

Other options are to intermix steps of Primer, Paint, Gel-Coat, before the
Kool-Kote.  Since I'm cheap, I want to do this job the best method for the
best price (judged by me of course), so I am soliciting opinions from my IH
brethren.

Thanks in advance,

JoelB