Re: [ihc] Re; Yes, Me Again! Carb Question

Michael,

What Allan said, and:

With old stuff like this you can't assume anything. Make sure the #8 is in the compression stroke TDC for certain by
removing the plug and using some means to make sure the piston is TDC.

i.e. finger over plug hole feeling for compression while rotating the engine BY HAND WITH THE BATTERY
DISCONNECTED, or a thin object like a wood dowel etc.

Then make sure the harmonic balancer mark is at 0 degrees.

I'm not sure, but I think the rubber on the harmonic balancer might rot and then allow the balancer to spin from where
it should be.

- Jim in Mesa