Re: [ihc] Wagonmaster info wanted

Hello Digesters,
Could anyone tell me what year(s) the Wagonmaster was produced? Only 73?
1973 and 74

Anyone know how many were made?
Somewhere between 300 and 350, I do not believe the exact number is known

In 2wd and 4wd?
Was there a 392 available in the 1010?
Yes, and yes. The most common configuration was 2wd and an automatic, normally with a 392. The split between 1/2 and 3/4 ton seems to be about 50/50. 4x4's and manual trannys just don't seem to pop up all that often.

I have only seen 4 of these on the web. A red on white one, a white on red
one, and the white beauty on the BB calendar last year. Anybody know of any
more?
Any spots prone to rust other than floors, kick panels, hood hinge area,
cowl, spare tire well, quarters, and the area around the bulkhead/floor?
That pretty much covers it, though check everything throughly. As someone else said, it's no different than a T'all in this and most areas.

I've had my Wagonmaster for 3 years now, deffnitly one heck of a truck. I have some rust issues to take care of, as well as some 30 year type maintance, but it's still a very solid truck. In fact last year over Christmas it took me from South Dakota, to Georgia, to Maryland and back to South Dakota; pulling a trailer the whole way, load with a complete SII on the way home. I was lucky, at least in my way of thinking and I have a 1210 4x4 392 4 speed, which makes for a pretty good tow rig. The price does not sound too bad, though I would try for less. Deffinitly take a look at it and make sure it is worth what he wants for the truck. Also, you will probably end up wanting larger tires, my WM looked possitively foolish on the 16.5-9.50's that were on it and I ran for a good while, the 33's I have on now look much more at home <g>.

Feel free to contact me on or off list with any other questions, I've probably got the most experience with Wagonmasters on the list.

Dave Nuenke