RE: [ihc] Wagonmaster info wanted

## >> Could anyone tell me what year(s) the Wagonmaster was
## >> produced? Only 73?

according to the Crismon book, Wagonmasters were produced in limited numbers
during late 1972, 1973, and the first part of 1974.

## >> Anyone know how many were made?
## >> In 2wd and 4wd?
## >> Was there a 392 available in the 1010?

they were available in all the same options and flavours as TravelAlls of
the same period.  4x2, 4x4, in models 1010 and 1210 (100 and 200 for 1974),
both interior packages and all three trim packages.  there is a rumour that
there were 1310 TravelAlls (and possibly Wagonmasters) built on special
order, but i've never seen one of either model (excepting several Airporter
conversions built from the 1310).  all the same transmissions, suspension
packages, and engines were also available.

i haven't been able to find any production numbers, but i know there weren't
very many made.

## >> I have only seen 4 of these on the web. A red on white one, a
## >> white on red
## >> one, and the white beauty on the BB calendar last year.
## >> Anybody know of any more?
## >> Any spots prone to rust other than floors, kick panels, hood
## >> hinge area,
## >> cowl, spare tire well, quarters, and the area around the
## >> bulkhead/floor?

these trucks share pretty much all the same characteristics of TravelAlls.
if it's a known trouble spot on a TravelAll, it's a safe bet that the
Wagonmaster will have the same problem.

<=== SNIP ===>

## >> He's asking 2000.00. Says I can drive it home 400 miles.
## >> Sounds to me like it may be a good deal.
## >> The new parts alone cost him 1000.00 more or less.
## >> Opinions?

sounds like a pretty decent deal to me, too.  often Wagonmasters in poor
repair go for $3500 or more.

## >> I can find almost nothing about these rare beasts on the web.

they're not real common in the first place, and there aren't very many of
the original number still floating around.  i've seen one in person, seen
perhaps a dozen or slightly more for sale here and there across the nation,
and heard mention of a few still in active operation, a couple in the hands
of Digesters and/or BinderBulletin folks.  i'd like to have one of these
monsters myself.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde