[ihc] SR-2 factoids

After reading information from several sources such as Binder Bulletin, Crismon's Interational
Trucks book, and several vintage Scout ads, I have come to these conclusions:

The SR-2 was a limited production model of the 800A intended to "fancy up" the Scout 800A and appeal to
a more suburban clientel. This is evidenced by the T-39 automatic and add-on air conditioning.
The Aristocrat was also aimed at a more upscale buyer and they had some features in common. Both had chrome front and rear bumpers as well as slotted 15x7 chrome wheels. Both
had sliding side windows in the travel top.
Both featured unique paint schemes although the SR-2 used just the stick-on rocker and hood stripes.
I haven't been able to determine what colors the SR-2 was available in. Mine is red-orange and
the only other photo I've seen of an original SR-2 is also orange.
The Aristocrat went a little further with the creature comforts by adding upholstered headliners,
carpeting and rear side seating pads.
Judging from the lack of mention of the SR-2 in any advertizing or promotional materials, I am
assuming that it was very limited production. My line set ticket has "Doll-up Scout" stamped on
it and one of the line items says "SR-2 Prototype". That indicates to me that this may have been
a one-of-a-kind truck or at least one of a very few.
I'd welcome information from any who can confirm, refute or add
to these "facts".

Roy Ireland
1970 800A SR-2
Tucson, AZ