Re: [ihc] SR-2 factoids

> After reading information from several sources such as Binder Bulletin,
> Crismon's Interational
> Trucks book, and several vintage Scout ads, I have come to these
> conclusions:

I believe "prototype" was often used by IH to denote a "package".. if IH
built the RPO Z-28 Camaro, they might have called it the Z-28 Prototype

I have two "Prototype" books from 79/80 and it's mostly just a list of
"standard models" like the "Family Cruiser" and "Baja" and such.

I have pictures of Robert Searles' SR2 under "Trips/RMIHR" at
http://tigger.tmcom.com/~tsm1/gallery

What's interesting is that of the two of the SR2s I've looked at, both had
the rectangular marker lights of an 800B.  Robert's is an 800A, by most of
the rest of the indications, but with rectangular markers.  The other SR2,
which was owned by a friend of mine here in town, was a B, with the
flanged Dana 44 rear end, and V8/auto.

If you want to talk "Doll Up".. I hauled Todd Burton's restored RCS to
Helena on Sunday.  That's a real treat of a Scout, and Todd (and his Dad)
was gracious enough to let Michelle and I borrow it next week to drive
away from the church in after our wedding.

-Tom Mandera
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout