RE: [ihc] SR-2 (1970 800A) factoids

## >> What's interesting is that of the two of the SR2s I've looked
## >> at, both had
## >> the rectangular marker lights of an 800B.  Robert's is an
## >> 800A, by most of
## >> the rest of the indications, but with rectangular markers.
## >> The other SR2,
## >> which was owned by a friend of mine here in town, was a B, with the
## >> flanged Dana 44 rear end, and V8/auto.

i'm not sure what the deal is, but those rectangular lights you've seen
aren't an accident.  every 1970 800A that i've seen, including our own, has
them.  it doesn't appear that the 1969 models got anything but circular
markers.  page 411 of the Crismons book, in the 1969 section, shows what is
labeled as a 1969 "roadster", with the rectangular lights on it, but all the
rest in that secion have the round reflector marker things.  additionally,
every 800A (with the exception of an armoured car conversion) pictured in
the 1970 section on pages 420 and 421 of the book has rectangular marker
lights like ours.

incidentally, our 1970 800A shows November 1969 on the VIN/Safety doorjamb
sticker and has the flanged D44 rear axle, with powr-lok diff and 3.73
gears.  according to report, entirely original.  the front D30 axle has 3.73
gears and either a powr-lok or a trac-lok (i haven't checked to see which)
with now-badly-worn clutches, but i have no idea if that diff was an
originally installed item or aftermarket.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi