Re: [ihc] rotors

> Hey Tom,
>
> I found rotors for both the 4500 lbs and 3500 lbs Dodge W200 front ends on
> www.napaonline.com . I suppose the first is the D60 variant and the latter
> the D44. The overall diameter and thickness are given there and they are
> the

Yep, the Dana 60 is the 4500lbs version, while the 3500lbs is the Dana 44.

You might also look at "W300s" and D600s and such.  Those would "all" have
Dana 60 fronts, while I think the W200s with Dana 60 fronts are "rare"
(just like some rare 78/79 Ford F250 "SnoFighters" got Dana 60 fronts, but
otherwise the F250 got a Dana 44, F350 a D60)

> I know that K30 rotors are thicker than that. Not sure about diameter. So
> could it be that W200 and K30 have different size rotors although they
> might share the same axle?

The Dodge vs. Chevy rotors are slightly different, though I don't remember
the details.  I was comparing a Dodge D600 Dana 60 rotor with a Chevy K20
3/4T 10-bolt front rotor.  Overall diameter was the same, when I used a
cheap tapemeasure.  The Dana 60 rotors were thicker, though, which would
help prevent brake fade under heavy braking with a big load - precisely
what I would expect from a 1T truck.

> I doubt if my calipers will accept thicker rotors.

If you have the 4140 "extra"/heavy-duty brake option, you should already
have the 'thicker' rotors on the truck.

Dodge might have used a thicker 3/4T D44 rotor than Chevy used on their
10-bolt.  I've never had a Dodge 3/4T front handy to look at.

> The main dimension I need is the total height of the rotor so I can see if
> I'll end up with the right offset. I know the D44 W200 rotor will fit but
> I'd like to know if the D60 version will also.

I don't have anything on the "depth" / hat / offset handy for any of 'em.