Re: [ihc] rotors

> I want to convert the front hubs of my '74 200 2WD to accept rotors from a
> Dodge W200. I have an old rotor that came off of an W200 with D44 axle for
> measurement and that one looks like it can be made to fit.
> But the W200 also came equiped with a D60 and the rotors for that one are
> way cheaper. The dimensions of the actual disk are almost the same as for
> the D44 but I don't know about the height and other dimensions. Does
> anyone
> have one of those lying around for measurement.

Comparing my Dodge D600 ('75) Dana 60 front rotors to my Chevy 10-bolt
8-lug front rotors.. they obviously have the same bolt pattern, and the
same overall diameter (or very close), but the D60 rotors were thicker
than the 10-bolt (or D44) rotors.

I haven't compared with the "4140" brake group front rotors on my '74 200
2wd, but I do know the calipers are "the same" between the 4140 parts and
the Chevy/Dodge Dana 60 parts, other than the size of the brake line
fitting.

Both are 3 3/8" bore.  My 200 is currently running '83 Chevy K30
semi-metallic brake pads with the 4140 calipers and rotors.

If you're going to keep your 4140 calipers, you might consider trying to
make the Dana 60 parts work.