From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of J
Grammer
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 6:02 PM
To: ihc@domain.elided
Subject: [ihc] Satcy's stop-not

>Could someone tell me which port out of the master cyl goes to which
>axle? Right now I have the rear port plumbed into the front axle, just
>because that was the way it was before, and the line sizes seemed to
>jive up that way. (the front plumbing uses larger diameter lines than
>the rear, and the rear port is the larger of the two.)
>
>What else can I check? Anybody else had this problem?

Larger reservoir connects to the front brakes in the stock system. Disk
calipers require more fluid volume in the reservoir than drums to account
for pad wear. Stock SII m/c is less than ideal for 4 wheel disks, really
ought to be using a 4 wheel disk m/c with equal reservoir sizes and the
same bore dia.(1.125 IIRC) as the stock SII unit.

I suspect booster rod stickout is too great, using up some of the m/c
stroke. All the SII's I've driven have quite a bit of pedal travel, enough
to put the pedal pretty close to the floor in a hard stop. Are the front
flex hoses new? Old hoses can act as fluid restrictors.

Jim