[ihc] Electronic to Points conversion question

The '75 Scout II I just got has the gold box.  It is the first "NEW" Ih I have
ever had that had the electronic system.  As I described yesterday, it does
not want to hold idle, nor does it want to move under its own power even when
I keep it gassed.  I am trying to trace the issue, but today is the first day
I have had a chance to tinker much.  What I have done is tinker with the
timing a bit (got slightly better results), turn out the idle circuit screws
of the carb (got slightly better results), and that is about it.  I have lots
of leftover tune-up parts from other IH's, but realize that the electrical
system throughout the ignition system is considerably different between the
two.  I BELIEVE that I need higher powered Spark plug wires for the electrical
system, no?  I have two sets, brand new, that were for points systems that I
would like to use, but if they will not handle the load properly, I don't want
to waste time and the equipment.  Am I correct in thinking I need completely
different wires?  And the dist is different, too, isn't it?  This one SEEMS to
have very little mechanical advance (although it does seem to have some).  I
have a spare dist as well from a points system, but know they won't work
either-may just have to switch to points system (if that is cheaper than
buying new electriconic distributor).  Does the electronic for some reason
advance less under mechanical advance?  It seems when I rev it it doesn't move
but a few degrees.  My memory tells me that all of my older points type IH's
moved considerably more than this when rev'ed.

Thanks for any advice on this!

Michael