Re: [ihc] Need to debunk something, fast!

on 8/31/03 9:18 AM, Grant Cunningham at kd7jnw@domain.elided wrote:

> Found this on another maillist that I'm subscribed to; it was written
> by a "know it all" whose stories are often suspect:
>
>> BUT I do know that Int. Harvester used to produce Model H tractors with
>> gasoline vapor carburators, that could plow for 2 full days on a tank of
>> gas. AND that their parts suppliers still cary repair parts for them!

Cut it out, I didn't write that!

I do occasionally tell the story about my old neighbor who had a manifold
that supposedly ran on vapors and got tremendous gas mileage. He had wanted
to try it for 50 years, but was still afraid of getting caught by secret
agents from GMC. He kept it hidden in the rafters of his old shop and
garage.

The old guy, dear old guy, always said, too, that his special combination of
a lime product and some vitamins would enable him to live a really long
life. Hmmpf (new word), he died when he was only  101 after his daily walk
downtown.

Our daughter went over to his house every morning for breakfast. Said that
what he served her was a lot better than what Wanda was going to feed the
rest of us. Hope she makes it to 101.

John Hofstetter