Re: [ihc] Don't hate me because I am Beautiful

---FWIW, the only problems I have encountered in all the `93-`95 Jeep
Cherokees are:

-4.0 exhaust manifolds were of a bad design and 75% of them are cracked in
at least 3 places due to inefficient head displacement, unless they have
been replaced already. Still, the manifolds are prone to cracking... This
problem can be solved by the purchase of JBL headers, which were the first
to build a header for the 4.0s, or another brand of headers which by now,
there may be more than one alternative.

-Original front brake rotors are recalled due to the brake pad surface
coming loose from the hub at the weld. The Aimco rotors were the rotors that
had the problem.

-Front wheel bearings were of a one piece design that was only estimated to
last 50K miles before replacement. Offered is a OEM part replacement or a
two-piece design.

---Other than that, I have not heard or dealt with any other problems with
the 4.0 Cherokees or pickups. Talk of overheating is common, but usually due
to the cracked exhaust manifold and high engine compartment temperature from
the exhaust leak.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)